Thursday, January 8, 2009

5+3 = 8 is enough!


Happy January! I hope everyone is enjoying the first full week of the new year. I must admit that I enjoyed sending the kiddos off to school on Monday. I was ready. This week has been exciting having a few extra kids here. My friends went to Mexico this week and I'm watching their kids for them. My children have enjoyed having them here, 24 hour friends, what's better than that? Bedtime has been a bit challenging. It's not easy getting 8 children in bed at a reasonable hour. We've had to postpone our new schedules and routines we've made for the new year because it's too hard to try to incorporate them with extra children here. We'll have to start fresh next week.


Simple luxuries and a new favorite.


When hubby and I went to Sweden this summer, I found a simple luxury that I have missed ever since being home. They have the softest toilet paper that I have ever felt! My first experience with this heavenly toilet paper was at a little cafe' in Angelholm. I was so impressed that I had to take a square as a souvenir to show my hubby and Mom! It was that good. It was always a pleasure finding a restroom that had this kind of toilet paper. I thought about buying some to bring home but, unfortunately for me, it was just too big for my luggage. Otherwise, I would have, trust me. Recently while watching TV, which I rarely do, I saw a commercial for this new 3 ply toilet paper. Well, I just had to give it a try. I was so excited. ( I know, my life is pretty pathetic when toilet paper gets me excited)
The verdict?...... .I have to say that it is pretty darn close. The brand is Quilted Northern ultra plush. Now, let me say, this was a splurge for me. I bought the cheap stuff for my kids because they are wasteful and wouldn't appreciate it yet. Give it try and enjoy, I highly recommend it. Oh, you can download a coupon for a dollar off your purchase from their website!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Rachel you are so funny!! I can't stop laughing! I'm so glad that you are enjoying your soft toilet paper. What did you use before??? :)

Kim said...

When I was a freshman in college, I was abit of an enviromentalist. When it was my turn to buy TP, I bought recyled TP. My roommates weren't too happy with me.

I'm all about soft TP now. I've seen the errors of my ways.

Cindy Jensen said...

Rachel, I always known we were alike. I too am a fan of the soft toilet paper and really appreciate your blog about toilet paper. And I am not stalking you just found your blog on ashlee's and well it was great. Thanks for sharing and we will probably be seeing you at practice.