Well, it's over! I have to say that I'm really glad too. I was really starting to lose motivation. It's good we only did a 10 week training program. Saturday was beautiful. The weather was perfect and best of all I didn't have any cramps. I was really worried about that. Everything went well and I had a finishing time of 2:06.40. I shaved off like 15 minutes of my time compared to last year. I was happy with that. I could tell I was in better shaped than last year because I finished strong. Last year I could barely lift my feet to cross the finish line. Recovery was much easier. I even wore heels to church today!
It's amazing to see all the different types of people on the course. It's very humbling to see them running faster than you. You definitely can't judge a book by it's cover. Which just proves that anyone can do it! I have a couple pics that I'll post later when I'm not so tired.
2 comments:
Great Job! I am so proud of you! I am also so glad that you didn't cramp up. You are just amazing!!!
xoxoxo
Such an accomplishment! Congrats! I'm trying to talk myself in to training for a half.
Post a Comment