Monday, April 28, 2008

5 more days!

This Saturday is the Parkway Half run. I am ready for it to be over. My legs just seem to ache all the time. Another reminder of my age. I probably should have taken up this sport when I was younger.
Funny how different each run can be. There are days when I feel great and I can just keep running, then other days when my legs feel like cement blocks and I can barely pick them up. What's most frustrating for me is that I never know how I am going to feel until I am out there running. I've been struggling with cramps off and on during my training. I always try to be really consistant with what I eat and how I stretch before each run. Sometimes I don't eat anything and still have cramps. So I don't get it. My last Sat. run I had cramps through half the run. That just really slows me down. I'm hoping that for the race I'll be fine. But we'll see.
During this training program we've been running with a Garmin. My running buddy has one. Let me just say that it's the coolest gadget ever. We know exactly how many miles we're running and how fast (or slow). Then you can track it on your computer and graph your runs. Way cool! Before the Garmin we used this cool site. Of course, it's not as accurate but it gives you a good idea of your distance.
As we've often said during this training. "Just get it done!"

1 comment:

Rosie said...

So proud of you! My feet are finally starting to really improve. I am hoping that I can slowly start to have more intensive activity without pain.

Go girl!!!