Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Race Day!
Here we are, my running buddies. Saturday was our race. This race started 4 years ago and we've run it every year. Last year my friend on the right tore her meniscus during the race and has really done much running since. But she couldn't stand the idea of us running without her that she signed up anyway. She ended up walking/running the race and did great! It was a beautiful day. There were SO many people, the race started late because they were waiting for people that were being shuttled in from other parking lots. When it did start, it took a few minutes to actually cross the start line because of all the people and even then I think I walked over the start line, there were so many people you couldn't really run. It took about 1/2 mile to get out of the swarm of people. All in all it went well. I didn't have any major cramps. Just a few stitches, that I was able to run through. But it did take every ounce of energy I had to finish. Last year, I finished pretty strong but I had nothing left this time. I wanted to finish it in under 2 hours, my official time was 2:01:14.5. It was better than last year so I shouldn't complain. I'll just keep trying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on your run! Cant wait to do it next year alongside all of you!!
Post a Comment