Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yes on Prop 8

As you may or may not know, in 2 weeks California will be voting on Propostion 8. This propostion is about saving and defining traditional marriage as "only marriage between a man and a women is valid and recognized in Californina." The debate on this issue has really been heating up lately. With only 2 weeks left before election day, it seems both sides are hard at work to get their voices heard. I'm not one to usually take a stand and advocate any particular issue but this one, I felt like, is just too important. This issue is important to me and my family because we believe in traditional marriage and all that it stands for. I do believe that marriage is ordain of God and should be kept as such. It's people and government that have taken God out of marriage. This propostion will have far-reaching effects on our churches and schools. I don't want my children learning about alternative life-styles at school. That is a parent's resposibility. No on Prop 8 will tell you that won't happen, but in Mass. where gay marriage is legal, it already has. Even though you may not live in California this could very well effect you. They say that if this passes here, it won't be long before you will be seeing this kind of propostion on your own ballots soon. There are many good websites out there to get informed and I just wanted to pass them along. Get involved. We can use all the support we can get.
Go to Protect Marriage or WhatisProp8

Tolerance doesn't mean acceptance.

No comments: