Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Recipes

I've been meaning to add some recipes to my blog for while, but I'm barely managing to post at all. I ENJOY cooking this time of year. Yummy homemade soups, fresh baked breads, pot roasts, turkey with all the trimmings, pumpkin cookies and muffins!! All those foods you've stayed away from in the summer because it's just too hot to cook anything! Makes me hungry just thinking about it. I just recently made a Southwest Chicken Chili, (my husband will debate with me that this is actually a chili, but I didn't make up the name, so you can call it what you want.) and these yummy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Yes, I did indulge, just trying not to go overboard. So anyway, here are the recipes, hope you enjoy them.

Southwest Chicken Chili (soup)
In a large pot add:
3 whole chicken breast (cooked)cut up into bite-size pieces
1 cup chopped onions
2 cloves of garlic
Cook in 2 tsp of oil
Then add:
2 cans stewed tomatoes (if you want some kick, sub 1 can for diced tomatoes with chilies)
2/3 cup mild salsa
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt ( I don't use this)
1 can ranch style pinto beans
1 can bush baked beans ( I usually use chili beans instead, I bet black beans would be good)
Heat through and serve with sour cream, green onion, shredded cheese, diced avocado, chips. MMmm good.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
4 cups flour
2 cups oats
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp salt
Mix dry ingred together.
1 1/2 cup soften butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 16oz can Libby pumpkin or it's 15 oz I can't remember
a bag of chocolate chips, I prefer milk chocolate
Mix together wet ingred. then add dry to wet and mix all together, add chocolate chips and Bake at 350 for 10-15 min. It depends on the size of the cookie. I tend to make mine big so I bake for 12 min. This dough will be moist and sticky. Enjoy!
P.S. Liv heard this song and has been singing it ever since!

2 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

Sounds so yummy. Can't wait to try them!

Funny song!

Tonya said...

Hey Rachel it is great to hear from you. Yes, of course I remember you guys. I can't believe we are so old. Your kids are adorable and it's been fun to read over your blog. We are in Vegas still and don't think we'll ever leave. GOod thing we really love it. I hope to hear from you often.