Sunday, October 12, 2008

This week

This week hubby took Mr. E and Sweet Pea to the newly renovated Academy of Sciences in San Francisco. Hubby has been waiting a long for it to open. They had a great time and he even took pictures.


After visiting the Academy they made a stop at the beach. Always a good time.
Unfortunately I couldn't go because I still had daycare kids that I had to watch but we do plan on going again next month when all the kids are off for Veteran's Day. This week I've been making dresses for Liv. She is a part of a little Musical Theater group that a lady in our Stake started. This year they are doing Cinderella, the Rodger and Hammerstein version. She is one of the townspeople and needs two dresses. Luckily my dear friend, Ashlee ,helped me out and interpreted the directions for me. I have one finished and I just need to put a zipper in and hem the other. I've come to the conclusion that I don't like sewing dresses. Too complicated. I'll take a picture when I'm all done.
Oh, My sister did great in the marathon by the way, she was worried for nothing, although I knew she would be. She calls me when she's done and tells me it was her slowest marathon ever. Her and I have different opinions about what slow is. She still ran it in 3:45:45 and would qualify for the Boston if she wanted to. Oh well, I guess that's the problem when you run fast it's harder to beat your own time. Luckily for me I'm slow enough so I still feel like I have room for improvement! Although, this week I only ran once. It's getting chilly in the morning and it's hard to get the motivation to put on running clothes when you're cold.
I've done really well without eating sugar. I went two full weeks without cheating. (not bad, for me) Then I had a brownie and went another week or so without any sugar. This is a really bad time of year to try to go without sugar. With all the holidays coming up, I really like to bake this time of year. The kids and I made sugar cookies tonight and I couldn't resist eating one. Oh well, at least I know I can do it even if it's just for a couple weeks. I do feel better anyway.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Hey Rach,
I am with you--it is hard to never have a treat. I did terrible yesterday after fasting. Our home teacher brought cookies and I ate FOUR! I will try and do better today!

That is what we have to keep doing--a little bit better today than yesterday! And remember to not beat ourselves up too bad when we do succumb to that sugary goodness!

little A is so much lighter more like E.

How far is the Temple from you?