Sunday, January 3, 2010

Relief

Hopefully everyone is having a good start to 2010. I have to say that ours didn't start off well but I'm hopefull that now it will get better. On NYE we went to a friend's house to hang out, watch movies, eat, etc. It was about 12:30 by the time we got home. Hubby had already been home for about 1/2 hour from work. As we walk in, he getting on his bike to leave. He said that our dog had chewed through the fence and was gone. (if I was thinking, I'd take a picture, but it's dark now so maybe tomorrow) I guess he got spooked by the fireworks and noise of our neighbors. We both rode around for about an hour looking for him with no luck. The next day we called the shelters with no luck. We posted "lost dog" sign around our neighborhood. Nothing. I thought for sure someone would have picked him up and taken him to an animal shelter but when we didn't hear anything I thought maybe he was still out there. Just before 5pm Sat night my neighbor called and said that she was just leaving her Mom's house about a mile away and thought she saw our dog. Gman and I raced down there and there he was in the street looking so lost and disoriented. As soon as we realized it was him we stopped and called him, he jumped into the van. Poor dog was panting and whining, and he was so dehydrated. We brought him home, he was fed and bathed and all is well now. I have to say how surprised I was at myself. I'm usually the one frustrated with him because his hair is everywhere or he's always under my feet. but I have to say I really felt a loss when he was gone. Needless, to say, everyone is happy now and he is really getting spoiled with all the attention he's getting. All is well.

No comments: