Happy Fall! I love this time year! We went down to Grandpa's house and picked pumpkins on Monday. No, the above picture are not the ones we picked, sorry. The kids had a blast picking out their pumpkins and I was grateful we didn't have to pay for them. (I can't believe how expensive some pumpkins can be!) The temperatures are starting to drop, a little. Most significantly is in the morning. My 6:30am run is now done wearing pants instead of shorts. It's just harder to run that early when it's dark and cold. Yuck! The one downside to this time of year. But anyway, the last few months in my kitchen has been all about zucchini. Zucchini is very versatile, you can put it in anything and I think have. Breads, cakes, brownies, soups. casseroles. But I'm done with zucchini. It's October and that means it's pumpkin time. I love pumpkin in desserts.(except in pie, strange I know. I think it's the consistency) So of course, I wanted to post one of my favorite pumpkin recipes. This time it's for muffins. Last year it was for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, go here if you want that recipe. It's so yummy. I wish I could post one of those pretty pictures to go with the recipe but I haven't actually made them yet this year, besides, my pictures never look as good as they do on real cooking blogs anyway. So here it goes, hope you like them. Pumpkin Muffins
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup oil (I replace half of that with applesauce)
1 cup canned pumpkin
Mix together then add:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Mix together until just blended then add
2 eggs (beaten)
Mix again, and then add 1 cup chocolate chips
Fill muffin pan 3/4 way up. Top with brown sugar and bake at 375 for 15-20 min. Enjoy!
I usually double this recipe.
*disclaimer: My recipes are not my own, they are just tried and true recipes I've acquired over the years that I know my family and friends enjoy. With that said I must thank my friend S.B. for this recipe =)
3 comments:
I thought I recognized that recipe. I got it from my friend Hope. Good things have a way of getting passed on. I'm so glad you keep a blog, it is fun to keep up with you. If you are ever coming up 80 stop in for a visit.
Hmmm, sounds good! Can't wait to try it. I love this time of year too. I almost wish I could have fires in the fireplace year-round....
Hi Rachel, hope you dont mind me steeling your pumpkin muffins recipe! Yum! Your family is adorable!
Post a Comment