Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sugar!

Again, my time has been spent elsewhere (doing what, I don't know) but I have hardly spent anytime on the computer. Just enough time to check emails. My life is not busy by any means but I've been a bit apathetic lately. It's been a struggle to do anything. I'm just so happy to get a load of laundry done. Well, that just means I've washed and dried them. More than likely they are still in the dryer, unless, of course I needed to dry another load, then they are in the laundry basket next to the dryer. Tell me you can relate and I'm not the only one. I think the cause is because my running has be drastically reduced. I think my running buddy and I just got burned out. We still go out 4 times a week but two of those days we are walking. We rationalize that at least were moving, right? What frustrates me the most about running or exercising in general is that if you slack off for even just a couple weeks you have just sabotaged everything up to that point. It takes months for me to get to a happy place with my exercising and the results that come from it but it's just a matter of weeks to be right back at the beginning. I've been trying really hard to eat healthy, and most of the time I do. But a couple weeks out of the month I have an uncontrollable need for chocolate. Shamefully, I usually give in. As we speak, I have a box of See's peppermints in my pantry calling for me. I went there on Saturday to buy a gift for a friend. Trying to think ahead and be prepared, I buy the peppermints for another friend whose b-day is next week. Well, that was a dumb idea. Now I can't get those candies out of my head. I'm going to have to give them to her early. Either that or I'll be buying her another box. The internal struggles we women go through to look good. UGH! Strangely, I can tell a difference when I eat too much sugar. I really feel crappy and I can literally feel the fat depositing on my thighs. Logically you would think that would help me stay away from the stuff. But, alas, it doesn't. So I run. To at least try to counter what my mouth is unable to control. But by doing this, all I'm really doing is maintaining my current body position. I KNOW that eating right trumps exercise, but it somehow doesn't make it any easier. When I do gain control, and it does happen occasionally, I feel the difference in a matter of days. Again, you'd think that would be enough to motivate oneself. *sigh* So I'm trying again to go sugar-free. I don't know if I can go completely without because I'd have to throw out everything in my house. Sugar is in everything! But I will try to eliminate the sugars I can control. Like the chocolate covered rice krispy treats I had tonight. oops! So anyone with me? I figured if I blogged about it, I'd be more accountable. I know I don't have too many people reading my blog but if you do, I sure could use your encouragement so feel free to post any comments or advice. I'll try to keep you posted.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Rachi,
I think that it is funny that we are both trying to get back with it at the same time. I am just tired of carrying all this extra weight again. I hope that I can stay motivated enough to actually see a difference.

Kirby and Tara Farnsworth said...

Rachel,
I was so happy you wrote me a comment on my blog...I didn't know you had one. It's so cute! I love your kids! I was sad we missed you at the reunion, but I'm sure you guys had a blast! I wish we could visit more, I can't believe how much your kids have grown, they are so fun. Anna was just so funny with Tyler. Anyway- I like the going sugar-free idea, I've tried it before-SUPER hard to do, but so good! GOOD Luck. I might try again someday :)

Kirby and Tara Farnsworth said...

Rachel,
I was so happy you left a comment on my blog. I didn't know you had one. It's so cute! I love your kids! I was sad we missed you at the reunion, but I'm sure you guys had a blast. I just can't believe how much your kids have grown, they are so fun. Anna was so funny with Tyler. Anyway- I like your sugar-free plan. I've tried it before, SUPER hard, but so good. Good luck. I might try it again someday. :)