Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm Back! (Kinda)

It's my first day back and I have so much to do. The most urgent being, of course, unpacking, laundry, pay bills, sort through the mail, clean the house, spending time with my children, etc. But I have other more selfish things that are really vying for my time right now, writing on my blog and reading Breaking Dawn. Because the release of this book just happened to be when I was out of the country, I had to wait until I came home to start. I found myself very anxious to get home as I saw many people in the airport and on the plane reading a book from the Twilight Series. In my attempt to be fair and balanced, when I awoke at 4am. ( thanks to the time change) I got right to work. Now as it is early evening, I have done almost everything on my most urgent list. Now it's selfish time. As much as I want to write about my trip and post lost of pics, I've got Bella and Edward on the brain and it just can't wait any longer. So please forgive me while I indulge. In the mean time, enjoy this quote that I found while reading an article about Stephenie Meyer that related to me so closely, I felt for a moment that someone had actually watched as I read the books! (minus the pizza delivery boy, it was scary! Here it is:
" Do you think you are the only one whose life turned upside down when you read Twilight? Is your house a disaster with piles of piles of laundry in every corner and stacks of dirty dishes at record breaking heights? Have you imagined your husband is a vampire (or werewolf) and suddenly have the libido of newlywed again? Do you convince yourself that "cold cereal" makes a perfectly wholesome dinner? Is the pizza delivery boy now on your Christmas card list? Are your children free to run a muck as long as no one comes too you bleeding . . .(too badly)? Oh, you feel guilty, but that's not enough! You still can't tear yourself away from the book.”

See you soon! It shouldn't take long. =)

No comments: