Saturday, July 31, 2010

shopping according to me

Today Liv and I did a little shopping.  And when I say a little, I mean it.  Liv is not your typical teenager that loves to shop.  In fact, I have to drag her to the stores and force her to look at things.  She just doesn't enjoy it.  I managed to get her into one store and when I managed to find a few cute things, I think she even smiled.  I don't blame her, not liking to shop I mean.  I can never find clothes to fit me in all the right places.  It's very frustrating as I know it's a sensitive subject to many. I'm a bit vertically challenged myself so I do understand, however, I don't understand when I shop in the Petite department and all I find are sizes 10 and above.  Really is size 16 petite? But if I go into the Juniors department, even if I find my size I can't fit a my thigh through the leg hole. The pants are so stinkin' skinny these days!  Which is fine for my size 0 daughter but not for someone with hips.  Which brings me to another interesting phenomenon I saw today.  A size 11 skinny jeans.  That seems a little contradictory to me. 

I hate shopping!

1 comment:

Marc and Stacy said...

Haha...love this post.
Shopping can definitely be frustrating when you are short. Try the Banana Republic outlet. They have a petite section.