Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Treasures"

Every morning Mr. E and Sweet Pea scooter to school together. The problem is we only have one working scooter. The solution is a compromise. Mr. E does the scooting while Sweet Pea squats down in front and holds onto the bar. It's very cute to see them scootering along. Although on occasion they have hit some bumps that have sent them crashing to the ground. On one such occasion, Sweet Pea had her sweater tied around her waist. On the zipper are these two cute little pom poms that hang down. Well, the pom poms got caught in the wheel and down they go. There was a little road rash that went with that crash. Another thing they enjoy doing on their way home is to look for "treasures" in the gutter. They come home with all sorts of things, rocks, nails, nuts and bolts, broken toys, paper, pens, pencils, hair bands all sorts of fun things. Today I happened to be waiting for them outside, and I see Sweet Pea riding the scooter in the gutter, as she gets closer I can see she's holding something in her hand. As you can imagine I was really excited to see the fun "treasures" she found today. Note to self, remind kids not to collect treasures after garbage day!




Other fun things that happened today. No babysitting kids today so I thought I'd run a few errands. Not thrilled when Little A woke up with a headache. But feed him some breakfast, gave him some meds and tucked him on the couch while I got ready. I was pleasantly surprised when he fell back to sleep, which allowed me some uninterrupted getting ready time. He woke up singing the Star Wars version of Bye, Bye Miss American Pie. That's a good sign I thought! So we proceed to stop #1 not too bad, he was patient. Then on to a fabric store but it wasn't where I thought it was so I go on to Stop #2. Starting to whine. Just one more stop I say. Off to Staples, need ink cartridges, get the ink but, hey, I'm here so lets look around. Starting to get impatient now, he wants to go home. Head to the register, have to wait in line, the women in front of me has a little boy just younger than mine, that's running everywhere, touching everything, and I'm thinking, wow, glad mine's not doing that. Oh good, it's my turn, she turns to leave and I set my ink down and look at Little A, who is notably quieter now, and starts throwing up, all over the cart, himself, the floor! AAAHHHHH!!!!! ok, ok, think. AAAAHHHH, I have nothing! I'm out of the stage of having to carry around wipes, diapers, etc. I turn to the cashier who is completely helpless, "ummm, can you please get me some paper towels?" So I try to clean up the best I can, the cashier continued helping the other people in line after I moved out of the way. How nice. The only person who asked to help was the lady in front of me who went to her car and got some babywipes for me. Because, after all, she's a mother and understands these things happen. But as she left, I'm sure she said, Wow, glad mine's not doing that.
Today Mr. E got a retainer to help straighten a crooked tooth in the front. Here's a little clip, just in case you wanted to see.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

OM GOSH!!! I love Anna's little treasures, that is so funny!!!